The practice of family law is unique in that it allows us to not only aggressively advocate for our clients but to become engaged in their lives and form a personal bond. If you are struggling with a domestic matter or have questions about the family law process, we encourage you to contact us right away. We promise a non-judgmental and compassionate approach to handling your issue and can offer representation unparalleled in the Phoenix area.
Our practice is devoted solely to the representation of family law clients. We offer decades of experience in all areas of domestic law, which quickly become interrelated as the case progresses. For instance, it is not uncommon for a client to come to us wishing to modify a visitation order, only to discover an underlying child support or custody issue in need of unraveling.
Cohen Family Law Practice Areas
As you peruse the various options in the Phoenix area for representation, we hope you will give Cohen Family Law the opportunity to advocate on your behalf. We offer representation and assistance in the following areas:
- Divorce: Divorce proceedings can range from peacefully amicable to hotly contested, and we can help you through the process regardless of your situation. We offer full-service representation to help settle matters relating to child support, custody (i.e., legal decision making), parenting time, spousal support and property and debt division.
- Mediation: Mediation is often a faster, less expensive and ultimately a more beneficial way to resolve any family law issue. If you believe mediation may be an option, our office can explain the process and assist in mediating your particular issues.
- Child Custody & Visitation: Whether you are in need of a modification of a current order or would like to establish an initial custody and visitation arrangement, we can help. Under Arizona law, custody and visitation are known as “legal decision making” and “parenting time,” and we will ensure your rights and the best interests of your children are upheld.
- Spousal Maintenance (Support): Known is some states as “alimony,” spousal support is often a pivotal issue in a divorce proceeding. We can assist you in establishing, modifying or terminating a spousal support order
- Child Support: Whether you pay or receive child support, our office can guide you through the process of initiating, enforcing, modifying or challenging a child support order. We also help clients with child support arrearage issues and in certain circumstances may be able to seek back child support.
- Severance and Adoption: Usually one of the less adversarial areas of our family law practice involves the representation of families through the adoption process. Cohen Family Law is able to assist with step parent adoptions as well as the severance of rights of an uninvolved, uninterested parent. We will work to streamline the process and provide your family with the proper paperwork and advice.
- Fathers’ Rights: Today, many fathers play a greater role in their children’s lives, and custody laws in Arizona now recognize the equal rights and responsibilities of divorced and unwed fathers. At Cohen Family Law we provide superior personal service to fathers who are seeking to assert their parental rights and to preserve their role in making decisions about their children.
Why Choose Cohen Family Law?
There may be hundreds of attorneys in Arizona, however only one can offer the dedication, experience and legal knowledge held by Cohen Family Law. We are totally focused on helping clients navigate their family law issues and we encourage you to contact us for a consultation today at 602-362-8320.
Cohen Family Law services clients through the Phoenix, Arizona area including Mesa, Glendale, Surprise, Scottsdale, Chandler, and Tempe.